Norwegian pop singer and songwriter Alida made her debut with a progressive electronic pop sound in 2012. Her first single «Feathers» made a significant mark on Norwegian radio and she has followed that up with a string of strong singles since then. She has established herself as a go to writer for producers and labels, and after a short break focusing on writing for other artists, she returned to the scene in 2017 with her single «Cool with it». Now she´s back with a new single called «Something About You».
Alida grew up on a hill, outside Stavanger on the west coast of Norway, with big dreams of performing and writing songs for a living. Her first concerts started at an early age while she performed in front of multitudes of teddy bears lined up on her bed. At the age of nine she began singing into a tape recorder and listening to herself for fun.
- I would spend hours everyday alone in my room just imitating artists I liked and singing some of the things I made.
It wasn't until she was eleven that anyone heard her potential. After performing at a school talent show she received acclaim from her fellow students and teachers inspiring her to go on to a music high school. She has been writing, singing and playing piano ever since.
Alida´s new single "Something About You" is out on all platforms this week. Here´s what she has to say about this new release:
- Something About You is a fun and energetic little tribute to all lovebirds out there <3 I made it together with Max Thulin and Petter Tarland AKA Professor P in Stockholm. It was actually our first time working together and we had a blast in the studio trying out all kinds of stuff. The result was this goofy little gem. It’s the kind of song that just makes you happy, and that takes you back to that awkward and overwhelming feeling when you’re crushing over someone but you have no idea what to do or what to say, and you can’t think of anything else.
Being a songwriter by profession sounds like something close to a dream life. What does a normal week for you look like?
- “A normal week” is a very foreign concept to me! Every week is so different, but what most of my weeks have in common is that there is a good amount of writing music. I often work with other producers and songwriters in studio sessions. It’s great to meet up, even with people I’ve never met before, to create music together. My sleeping pattern is completely off right now, cause we often work quite late. I find it so much fun though, we get to hang out, goof around and make stuff we like. I also love writing for other artists. It’s such a privilege to get to work and help talented and great artists to express themselves, lyrically and musically. I learn so much about myself and other people by just entering in to someone else’s world and mind, and connect in this way. It’s truly a special thing to be able to work with people like that. Other days, when I’m not in studio sessions, I like to sit by the piano and write songs on my own. It’s a really important time for me, as I get to write whatever I feel, and I can be completely free in my creativity.
You´re releasing this single with a pretty kick ass video showing off a fun and chilled side of Alida. Tell us about that video shoot. It looks like you´ve been having fun in a bunch of cool places?
- This video is basically me and my friends, Kristoffer Grindheim and Jordan Ironside, having fun filming in these awesome, nice, old and classy locations in Oslo - Gamle Logen and the Vigeland Museum. I love working with my friends cause it gives the whole shoot a very relaxed and friendly vibe, and we all get to be creative and try out stuff.
Let´s talk about the dog! What a talent! The stuff you´ve been releasing lately has a pretty unique style and it seems like you´re putting a lot of thought into that.
- Haha! Thanks! I love doing the styling myself. Pretty much all the clothes are just clothes I’ve been collecting from thrift shops over the years, so it was cool for me to give my own personal look to the video. I’m so happy with how the video turned out, cause it really emphasises that goofy, fun and silly feeling it is to be in love. And oh, the dog is my favourite dog on this earth. His name is Aslan and he is the coolest. I’m so happy he could join the video too!
Something About You is out on all platforms from April 13th. Follow Alida on instagram (alidaofficial) and Facebook (www.facebook.com/alidaofficial)
Press contact: firstname.lastname@example.org